Judaica art has become defined by the products being produced in Israel by companies such as Lily Art. Lily Art is a Judaica company founded and owned by Jewish artist Lily Shohat and her husband. Based in Tel Aviv, Lily Art contributes a unique quality of Judaica to the booming market of Jews looking to enhance their religious ceremonies with high quality Jewish art.
Lily Art is especially well-known for several different traits that customers instantly love. One of these is the beautiful glass that holds as a constant material in Lily Art Judaica. This is most elegantly applied to the collections of Lily Art Kiddush cups, candlesticks, Hanukkah menorahs, Seder plates, and other various serving pieces. The glass adds a feeling of aesthetic quality as well as deep tradition to the Jewish art.
The second trait Lily Art is widely recognized for are the various decorations used multiple times throughout multiple collections in Lily’s wide variety of Jewish art. Particularly popular are designs of an abstract Jerusalem illustrated with beautiful yellow domes, and all types of floral decorations. Lily Art designs also include different versions of pomegranates and others with less cultural significance, but equal beauty. The best part about designs on Lily Art Judaica is that they are repeated in many of Lily’s different products. Did you connect to the orange autumn colors of the autumn themed Kiddush cup? Then complete the set of Judaica art with matching Shabbat candlesticks and challah tray.
Browse the above gallery for a great selection of Lily Art Judaica products at the World of Judaica’s online Judaica store.
Lily Art Guide
Lily Art is an Israeli company producing and supplying fine Judaica products across the world. Since they founded the Tel Aviv based business in 1992, David and Lily Shohat have kept up a high standard of Jewish culture and tradition displayed in modern day fine art. Lily Art’s running themes and creative designs have become quite popular with Jewish costumers and the couple has experienced a fair amount of success.
What is Lily Art?
As explained above, Lily Art is the Judaica art company owned by Lily Shohat and her husband David. All Lily Art products are created and produced in Israel. But what does the name Lily Art mean for a costumer?
Lily Art means qualitative beauty. Lily Art means the Judaica products that your celebrations, holidays, and home decorations you deserve. What makes Lily an artist is not only her unique mixtures of colorful decorations complementing the chosen materials, it is her uncanny ability to take a piece of Jewish tradition and give it the modern, aesthetically pleasing feel of quality, 21st century Judaica.
The main material used in Lily Art products is glass. Some artists might struggle with the constant use of one material feeling that it is extremely limiting but Lily has found great inspiration in the small things and made each piece differently. Whether elegant Hanukkah menorahs, large Seder plates, or Jewish home blessings, Lily Arts glass works have a unique life of their own that you’re sure to fall in love with.
Additional materials in Lily Art’s collection are mostly metals such as her line of aluminum Hanukkah menorahs and pewter mezuzahs. Lily also designs gorgeous mezuzahs of wood and embroidered challah covers.
Lily is no doubt known best for her variety of stunning decorations and colorful designs repeatedly used in every different collection of products. It’s in these decorations that her true prowess as a Judaica artist shows its command of design. Her abstract view of the city of Jerusalem features an orange background and multi-shaded red mosaic in the foreground. Above the mosaic are domes of yellow, artistically representing the golden domes of Jerusalem. Another of Lily’s most stunning patterns is of curvy swirls of gold over designs of an amazing shade of electric blue. These blue patterns are arranged in circles and they themselves sit atop a brilliant shade of royal purple that makes these pieces worthy of the King David himself.
What’s the best thing about these designs that customers love so much? They are repeated throughout Lily’s entire collection. Did you love her honey dish with the Jerusalem motif described above? It’s also available on a Kiddush cup, Matzah plate, candlesticks and much more.
For More Information
- Glass Shabbat Candlesticks with Leaf Print and Tray$80.00 $79.00
- Honey Dish Apple Shaped in Glass Set$58.00 $49.00
- Wave Menorah With Blackbird$99.00 $94.00
- Wave Menorah With Patterned Trees$100.00 $94.00
- Wave Menorah With Blue Stripes$100.00 $94.00
- Wave Menorah With Hamsa Above Water$100.00 $94.00
- Wave Menorah With Israeli Flag and Candles$105.00 $94.00
- Wave Menorah With Pomegranates$114.00 $94.00
- Arced Menorah With Hamsa$106.00 $94.00
- Arced Menorah With Bird and Fan Design$99.00 $94.00
- Arced Menorah With Autumn Leaves$99.00 $94.00
- Arced Menorah With Blackbird and Blue Beads$100.00 $94.00
- Arced Menorah With Pitcher and Green Beads$105.00 $94.00
- Arced Menorah With Pomegranates and Winged Bead$107.00 $94.00
- ‘S’ Shaped Menorah With Purple Flower$66.00 $64.00
- ‘S’ Shaped Menorah With Stripes$67.00 $64.00
- ‘S’ Shaped Menorah With Green Leaf$66.00 $64.00
- ‘S’ Shaped Menorah With Gold Colours$68.00 $64.00
- ‘S’ Shaped Menorah With Bubbles On Blue$71.00 $64.00
- ‘S’ Shaped Menorah With Orange Floral Pattern$66.00 $64.00
- ‘S’ Shaped Menorah With Flannel Design$67.00 $64.00
- Bowl Menorah With Dreidels and Stars of David$76.00 $69.00
- Bowl Menorah With Butterflies$79.00 $69.00
- Trapezoid Menorah With Beaded Pomegranate$41.00 $37.00
- Trapezoid Menorah With Hanukkah Blessing$42.00 $37.00
- Trapezoid Menorah With Star of David$42.00 $37.00
- Trapezoid Menorah With Pitcher$41.00 $37.00
- Trapezoid Menorah With Pomegranates$50.00 $45.00
- Trapezoid Menorah With Pomegranates of Green and Blue$49.00 $45.00
- Branched Menorah With Star of David and Red Covers$69.00 $69.00
- Branched Menorah With Hamsa and Orange Covers$76.00 $69.00
- Branched Menorah With Bird and Blue covers$92.00 $74.00
- Layered Menorah With Hamsa$86.00 $79.00
- Layered Menorah With Dreidel$86.00 $79.00
- Layered Menorah With Dreidel and Stars of David$86.00 $79.00